Marketing & Communications Director
Mt. Mansfield Ski Club & Academy has a long history of success and its mission is to inspire and develop student/athletes. MMSCA takes pride in developing the whole athlete and providing support for passion and pursuit of excellence in athletics, academics and life. As a USSA Gold-certified club, MMSCA is honored to be named among the best programs in developing junior athletes and supporting the sport of ski racing.
The Marketing and Communications Director is a leadership position at MMSCA. This person is one of the prominent faces of the organization, and is responsible for representing MMSCA to our member families, and to the broader community, on a daily basis. This person is also an important part of the business operations of our non-profit, leading many aspects of the organization’s fundraising, and working with other staff to attract and retain new student-athletes and families.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (especially writing) skills.
- Relevant marketing and/or general business knowledge and experience. A degree in marketing or business is preferred but not required.
- Enthusiasm for skiing, and an ability to serve as an ambassador for our organization with current and prospective community members.
- Personal background in ski racing preferred.
- Oversee the organization’s official communications, including:
- Manage all aspects of the organization’s website
- Frequent community-wide communications via email
- Maintain the organization’s social media profiles
- Create advertising content for various digital and print outlets
- Advise and assist other employees with their MMSCA communications
- Plan and execute a fundraising plan for the organization. In the past this has included:
- Winterfest, benefit auction and cocktail party
- Corporate sponsorships
- Annual Fund, and Capital Campaign appeals
- Solicitation of donations to named scholarship funds
- Help the organization identify, attract, and retain student-athletes.
- Produce recruiting materials for digital and print dissemination
- Maintain the organization’s online registration system
- Work with coaches and admissions team to coordinate communication with prospective families
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply by emailing a cover letter and resume to [email protected]