Strength & Conditioning Coach
Mt. Mansfield Ski Club & Academy has a long history of success and its mission is to inspire and develop student/athletes. MMSCA takes pride in developing the whole athlete and providing support for passion and pursuit of excellence in athletics, academics and life. As a USSA Gold-certified club, MMSCA is honored to be named among the best programs in developing junior athletes and supporting the sport of ski racing.
The Strength and Conditioning Coach will support our student-athletes physical fitness and success as they pursue their passion. This coach will plan and facilitate strength and conditioning training, implement exercise routines and nutritional intake plans, provide exercise supervision, track athletes progress as they return to snow, and adjust exercise plans to support race schedules or other specific needs.
This coach will also implement and monitor all aspects of the yearly periodized plans for athletic development, strength, and power, and ensure that each student-athlete receives training plans aligned with their personal goals. Finally, this coach will works closely with all members of the MMSCA team to support student-athletes’ success.
- Experience designing and administering high-level, sport-specific athletic training programs
- Excellent interpersonal, time management, and communication skills
- Ski racing background preferred
- Degree exercise and sport science preferred, ideally with specialization in strength and conditioning for ski racing
- Other professional qualifications or certifications related to elite athlete conditioning or testing valued
- Manage of all strength and conditioning activities and services delivered to student-athletes
- Execute, in conjunction with ski coaches, strength and conditioning programs for our student-athletes
- Play an active role in training off snow and on snow
- Organize, schedule, implement, and supervise athletic training times of MMSC athletes on a weekly, monthly, and annual basis
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply by emailing a cover letter and resume to [email protected]